Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome Welcome 2012!

I am so happy you are here! The past year, well, few years, have not been easy on us. Most people who read this will know all about the things that have happened, such as my MIL's passing away from a brief, difficult battle with cancer at age 55, my horrific car accident, that almost cost me my life, and all of my struggles from that. Olivia's diagnosis with a skull malformation, her surgery, her dr appointments, and then her eyesight loss, and her surgery to correct it. TY's school struggles, Spencer's health, my dad's 6 week hospitalization, my brother and SIL's devestating fire. These are just the big things, and if I sit down and think about it, there are probably more.

But I'm not gonna.

I am going to think about the things that have gone RIGHT over the past few years, and remember how those things have made me and changed me. What it has all done for me, is made me a stronger person. Made me remember who God is, and what he has done for me, and how really, I am very blessed.

So today, as a new year begins, I will put my resolutions for the year out there for everyone to read, and then put out my hopes for the year. Then I will finish up with my dreams. To me they are two seperate things. A Resolution for me is a personal one, one that I can work on, and one that I can change. My hopes are things that I can hope for, that I can work toward, but ultimately are not full up to me. My dreams, well, they are just that. Everyone needs to have Dreams!!

Ok, here are my resolutions:

1. Go to the Y at least 2 days a week, and walk/workout, and one of those days, preferrably two, take Spencer swimming.

2. Lose more weight. My goal is to be down another 25 pounds this year.

3. Read some more. I've been in a reading funk. Which isn't like me. Gerrod bought me The Girl with the Dragon tatto series, and I need to start them. I've wanted them forever!!

4. Do Devotionals each day with Gerrod. We've bought a book, so that is our goal.

5. Keep my house cleaner. I am reading the book "The House that Cleans Itself" and I am going to start implementing it.

6. Continue my work with L'Abris Academy, and our church, to get our library up and running.

7. To plan and execute both Slammer Crop Retreats with little or no freaking out. That I can relax and enjoy them wholeheartedly!


Here are my HOPES for 2012

1. To always remember what is important, and what should come first.

2. To have a date night with Gerrod once a month. I HOPE this, cause it depends on so many things that are not always in my total control.

3. That all three of my kids continue to enjoy and love school. That they always do their best, and that they do what is right all of the time.

4. That Church and our dedication to God and his people do some good for others.

5. That we as a family continue to volunteer our time in our community with all that we have in us.

6. That Gerrod find happiness and peace in his job. The man deserves it, he works soooo hard for all of us!!

7. That all of our families and friends find happiness in the new year, and always.

My Dreams

1. DisneyLAND for Spencer's GOLDEN 5th Birthday this year. Not only is the 5th of December HIS birthday, it's also Walt Disney's birthday! How cool would it be in the place that started it all, not only on YOUR 5th birthday, but on the birthday of the man who created the Magic?

2. Opening a business. We're working on it. It's getting there.

3. That my office for the library is up and running ASAP so I can get it ready for a Summer reading program.

4. To Sponsor a child

5. To be able to give more to local charities, be it time, money, resources.

6. Find out more about my birth parents. To know more about where I BIOLOGICALLY came from.

7. To be more peaceful and patient with the things that come my way.


Now, I move on to a new day and a new year. I will be getting ready for church, and spending that time thinking about the things that I have posted.

Again, Happy New Year to all!!

No comments: