Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I am bad at technology.





















I need to fix my camera! these are OLD!


Someone asked me if I had pictures of Nana with the kids. I had to look pretty far back to find some, and most who know me, KNOW that I am not talented in ANY way shape or form, with technology. But I found the one with her and all of my kiddos at the Easter Egg Hunt her nursing home puts on (which is quite something, let me tell you)


The first one is all three kids before they went out to hunt. They were so excited.


The next one is Nana with all three of them. They were, in order


Spencer: Hyped up on candy

Olivia: tired

TY: worried about Spencer.


Nana loved it all.


The last is a picture that I do with TY every Memorial Day. This plaque (and flag pole) was erected in front of our county courthouse in 1970 with money my Nana received as Memorials from my Uncle Tim's death.


It started as a fluke really. We took baby TY up there on Memorial Day, his first one, when he was 4 months old, to look at all the flags.


Gerrod propped him up against the flag, next to the Plaque, which has my Uncle's name, and info on it.


I snapped a picture.


So, ok, why does that make it cool?


Because while most people know him as TY, his legal name is


Timothy Yeager


Named for my Uncle Tim, who I was never able to meet

And Chuck Yeager, the pilot, Gerrod's hero.


We have just called him TY.


So I have now 9 photos of him, from 4 months old, to this one when he was 8, and I plan to take one every year. Don't care if I have to beat him to get him there, I'll be taking it.


Another Nana funny, and I promise, I will move on to other things in my blogging, is that I thought for a very very long time, that her name was NANA. And I argued a really tough case when she tried to explain to me that she was my grandma (I still hold that she is my Nana) and that her real name is Edith. She still talks about that. I still remember that arguement.


It's funny what sticks with us, isn't it?


Tonight, she hasn't eaten in two days, she hasn't really drank anything for more. She has been moved out of bed once, apparently much to her dismay (and her fellow residents, as she cursed like a sailor and said awful things to the poor sweet aides, who just adore her) She sleeps almost all of the time now. I will see her again tomorrow, and I will try my very best to be brave.


But something about her, just makes me come undone.

Maybe, that's because, for so many years, she spent a lot of her time coming undone over me.


No comments: