Friday, January 6, 2012

I love movies

I am a huge movie fan. I will watch pretty much anything once. But not scary movies, like "jump out and get ya" ones. Psychological, yes. All guts, and no common sense (AKA "Let's run with our high heals on to get away from the killer") kind, no.

We were watching a movie tonight, that so many people just bash, and it's one that I really like.

The 5th Element.

I know, I'm weird, but I really do like that movie. I can't even explain why.

Then I got to thinking about some of my favorite movies. I will be the first to admit, I watch movies over and over and over. I can't tell you how many times I have watched the original Star Wars Trilogy (I've worn out one VHS of episode IV) I have lots of friends that can't watch a movie more than once. Which I totally get. But I digress...

I decided to post a list of my top 20 favorite movies in the EVER part of movies. So as far back as movies go, til, oh, six seconds ago, is what I will choose from.

I would love to hear about anyone else's favorites. And I will be the first to admit, my choices are a little, um, well, random.

1. Dead Poet's Society (and I can only watch it about once a year)
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas
3. Nobody's Fool with Paul Newman
4. Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas
5. The Mummy series
6. Fan Boys
7. Star Wars (any)
8. Indiana Jones (any)
9. The Goonies
10. Clue
11. Rocky Horror Picture Show
12. Hudson Hawk
13. The Wizard of Oz
14. Some Kind of Wonderful
15. Father Goose
16. The Muppets (any)
17. Fried Green Tomatoes
18. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
19. Groundhog Day
20. The Pirates of the Caribbean (any)

Like I said, it's pretty far out there.

Actually, I could easily go to 100, and more. I have learned so many things from movies

"Oh captain, my Captain"

"The Secret's in the Sauce"

"Don't Drive angry"

"We are the knights who say .... NI"

"I hope it's not a deposit bottle"

"would you like to swing on a Star?"


And Finally one I really treasure

"There's no place like home"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love movies too and what some of my favorites over and over. My #1 is Shawshank Redemption and #2 is Steel Magnolias... 2 very opposites. ;)

Mandi said...

I am a big fan of Shawshank also, and Steel Magnolias. I could totally got to 100 and still go on. Those would be in my top 30!!