Sunday, February 24, 2008

Where I come from

I think my blog names says it all

I am a small town girl. We came back to my home after living in St. Louis for six years. We wanted to raise our family in a small town.
I mean, it's a little strange. Some of the same old same old crud is still here.
But I love it. I know everyone. I know the schools, the teachers, and all those things that make me feel at home. When we volunteer for Aledo Main Street or the Library Board that I am on, I know who I am helping. I can let my kids play outside while I wash dishes and watch from the kitchen window.

It's a strange and wonderful thing. But I wouldn't want it any other way!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I live in a small town too. It's so great to know everyone and let your kids run and play. :)

Pam said...

that sounds wonderful Mandi. I would love to live in a small town where you can walk downtown for ice cream on a saturday afternoon and talk to everyone sitting out on their porches.

Katie said...

Love it! I like a small town but only for a weekend thus why I like to visit KShrum occasionally, that and I love her!

Dawn said...

LOL, you can let your kids play in the yard while you do dishes because your yard is like a freaking PARK! (You know I'm just jealous of your yard.)

Laura said...

Theres nothing more priceless than peace of mind. Peoria feels that way to me. I live about 1/2 block from the house I grew up in!